Surrogacy Gaudium Nigeria
Surrogacy is an advanced infertility treatment used for such unfortunate couples who cannot conceive because the woman’s uterus is not competent enough to bear the pregnancy. It is based on a legal agreement which involves the childless couple and a woman who acts as a surrogate mother. She agrees to rent out her womb and carries and delivers the baby for the couple.
At Gaudium IVF, patients are served with comprehensive surrogacy solutions, right from finding a surrogate mother to helping the couple conceive through IVF, impregnating the surrogate with their embryo, delivery of the baby and taking care of the legal implications so that patients get a smooth and hassle-free experience. Not only are the services high in quality but also affordable so that needy couples are no longer deprived of the joy of parenthood.
When is surrogacy effective as an infertility technique?
Following are the cases when surrogacy comes up as the most effective infertility solution:
- Advanced maternal age
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Removal of uterus
- Absence or structural defects in the uterus
- Recurrent IVF failure despite the embryos being of good quality
- Medical complications such as diabetes, cardiac disease, hypertension and endometriosis
Types of Surrogacy
Depending upon the specific circumstances of couples, they are offered various types of surrogacy:
An embryo is formed in the lab using IVF, by combining the eggs and sperms of the couple being treated. The embryo(s) is then placed in the womb of the surrogate.
This type of surrogacy is used for couples where the woman is not only incapable of carrying the baby but also is unable to produce healthy eggs. Here, the surrogate mother acts as the egg donor too, thus establishing a genetic link between her and the baby. The technique is used in conjugation with IUI, IVF or ICSI, as the need be.
Donor Egg Surrogacy:
In this type of surrogacy, the embryo which is implanted in the surrogate mother comes from a donor, rather than from the intended parents or the surrogate
Surrogacy at Gaudium IVF
The primary step of surrogacy is the selection of a surrogate and Gaudium IVF assists the patients with the same, though they have the option of arranging someone who is willing to volunteer as one. The clinic ensures that the surrogate is physically as well as emotionally capable for surrogacy by performing medical, psychological and genetic screening. Furthermore, it looks after the legal aspect too by providing the services of a legal consultant for the surrogacy agreement.
The agreement carries clauses related to the compensation that the couple needs to give to the surrogate in return of the services as well as the undertaking that the custody of the baby would be handed over to the intended parents after the birth. It also binds the couple to provide for all the medical costs that are to be borne by the surrogate mother during the course of pregnancy.
The following steps formulate the protocol of IVF-Surrogacy program at Gaudium IVF:
- Selection and recruitment of surrogate mother
- Screening of the surrogate, intended parents and egg donor (where needed)
- Legal contract
- Ovarian stimulation
- Egg retrieval
- Fertilization of the egg using IVF or ICSI
- Embryo transfer
- Embryo freezing of remaining embryos
- Confirmation of pregnancy
- Pregnancy care of the surrogate mother
- Delivery, normal or C-section
- Compensation of the surrogate mother
- Birth certificate and documentation related to immigration
The clinic makes sure that the entire process is carried out smoothly and the couple gets their dream of parenthood realized with the help of a surrogate mother.
It is important to note that
- The Indian legal system does not allow surrogacy for same sex couples, Indian or foreign
- Only married couples who have been together for at least two years can take up surrogacy in India. Singles who are the citizens of India and also residing in India are an exception to this rule.